Recent Post

Friday, April 8, 2011

For Superfans Only

My band and I have some very dedicated fans out there (big thank you).  I’m going to be upfront about this post: it’s asking for you to do work, and it’s only for the super-fans.  If that’s not you, skip this one.

OK, if you’re reading on, I’m going to hope you might be one of the awesome people who have read or even contributed to my Wikipedia page, keeping it accurate and current.  Firstly, thank you. The reason I’m writing this post is that I just saw the Discussion / Wiki “Talk” page behind my page, where contributors discuss what is and isn’t true on the page, and people submit ideas or questions about what should be on the page. I thought I’d help out by answering a few things, and adding other notes that you might find useful.

TRIVIA:
Regarding the “Glue” nickname: someone in the band called me “The Glue” saying I was the one that “held everything together.”  The other nicknames (Spike Minoda, Cobra Holda) are just funny, nonsensical.

CRUFT / CLEAN UP:
There are some items on the page which I feel are less than noteworthy:
“made an iTunes celebrity playlist” (I’ve made dozens of playlists for many sites), and
“Was interviewed for MADtv” (it was clearly not a standout moment)
…those should probably be removed

GUITARS
I have played PRS, Ibanez, Fender, and Gibson guitars.  I’ve been playing since I was about 14.  I’ve contributed to the writing and performance of guitar on most songs of every Linkin Park record since the beginning; Brad and I both contribute to most songs that have guitar.

ACTING
I have not, nor do I plan to act in film nor TV.

OTHER ITEMS OF INTEREST / MISSING ITEMS:
• I scored the MTV VMAs in 2005.  Lil’ Jon also contributed, but we did not collaborate–our tracks were separate.
• I was an honorary parade marshal in Los Angeles Nisei Week, 2005.
• I was awarded the Japanese American National Museum’s Award of Excellence in 2006.
Brad and I wrote and assembled the song and performance for our one-time-only mashup of “Numb / Encore / Yesterday” on stage at the Grammys (2006) with Jay-Z and Paul McCartney, which was an homage to Danger Mouse’s “Grey Album.”  We also won “Best Rap Sung Collaboration” the same night.  As we walked up to the podium, Jay motioned for me to give the acceptance speech, which I did.  I think he wanted me to accept because I had assembled, produced, and mixed all the mashups on Collision Course.
• In 2009, I received an Honorary Doctorate Of Humane Letters (H.D.L) from Art Center College Of Design.  I suppose this could also mean that my name at the top of the page should officially read: Michael Kenji “Mike” Shinoda, H.D.L., but I’ll leave it up to you guys whether that’s appropriate or not.
• EWP honored me with a Visionary Award and dinner in 2010

Again, a HUGE thank you to everyone who has worked on the Wikipedia page (and all the people who were a part of these honors mentioned, which I am very grateful for).
And if you’re not a superfan, and you read this far…why did you do that?

Source : Linkin Park

0 komentar:

A THOUSAND SUNS

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More